[Xorp-users] OSPFv3 with /128 prefixes

maxd at inwind.it maxd at inwind.it
Sun Jun 26 10:02:12 PDT 2011

Hi,
I have a set of Linux nodes connected by Ethernet links. On each link just two
nodes are attached, and each node may have more than one Ethernet interface and
hence be connected to more than one node. As a result, the network has a
partial mesh topology. XORP is installed on each node, and configured to
execute the ospfv3 protocol. Each interface of a node has 2 IPv6 addresses: a
link-local (fe80) and a site-local address (fec0). The site-local address has a
/128 prefix length.
This /128 addresses are correctly advertised, and entries for these "single-
host networks" are created in all the nodes of the network but the peer node
connected to that interface. To make an example, if I have node A and node B
connected together, node A will not have an entry in its routing table for the
/128 address on the interface of node B. Nevertheless, if node B had an
additional interface (connected to a node C), the address of this additional
interface would show up in the routing table of A. Is this normal? Notice that
the exact same configuration works fine with QUAGGA.
Any idea? I am also providing in the following my (very simple) xorp.conf file

Thanks a lot!
Massimiliano

interfaces {
    interface eth0 {
	default-system-config
    }
    interface eth1 {
	default-system-config
    }
    interface eth2 {
	default-system-config
    }
    interface eth3 {
	default-system-config
    }
}

fea {
    unicast-forwarding6 {
        disable: false
    }
}

protocols {
    ospf6 0 {
	router-id: 0.0.0.1 #obviously, it changes for each node!
	area 0.0.0.0 {
	    area-type: "normal"
	    interface eth0 {
		vif eth0 {