[Xorp-users] Help Needed in PIM-Join Messages !!

Williams, Mark william at losrios.edu
Tue Mar 1 08:59:20 PST 2011

When a PIM router receives an IGMP join request on and interface that is a DR, the next step is for it to send the PIM join to the RP. Make sure your DSR router knows how to get to the RP. I noticed that each of the routers has two interfaces. If the RP IP address is not on the interface on the shared link between the DSR and the RP, the DSR won't know how to get there because you are not running a unicast routing protocol.