[Xorp-users] RFC: New VLAN api for xorp.ct

Joe Coco jcoco at meccorp.mec.edu
Wed Mar 2 05:11:44 PST 2011

Good morning (here in Boston anyway),

It appears the interfaces.tp is incomplete.

For starters, the allow-range was missing arguments, which causes xorp to fail to start.

I fixed those entries to expect a parent of eth0-eth32, vid 1-4096, and type of vlan.

But then when attempting to start xorp, I now get the following error:

[ 2011/03/02 02:58:34.475766  ERROR xorp_rtrmgr:3660 RTRMGR rtrmgr/main_rtrmgr.cc:274 run ] Shutting down due to an init error: Found %set command in node "interfaces interface @ vif @ vlan parent-ifname" that doesn't expect value

I'll happily fix it, but I need someone to explain to me what this means ;)

-- Joe