[Xorp-users] RFC: New VLAN api for xorp.ct

Joe Coco jcoco at meccorp.mec.edu
Thu Mar 3 07:38:08 PST 2011

Hello,

I removed the 'set' options from the interfaces.tp and now xorp starts. When I try to configure a VLAN, I do get an error.
I'm not sure if this is because I fouled up the range syntax in interfaces.tp, or an actual broken condition. The error is:

"Commit Failed
102 Command failed  push_config failed: Interface/Vif error on foo/foo: Failed to
add VLAN to interface foo  reason: Unknown virtual device type:"

(notice virtual device type is blank) I'm assuming the iface_type string is not being set.

My config is:

interface foo {
	virtual-dev {
		parent-ifname: "eth1"
		iface-type: "VLAN"
		vid: "200"
	}
	vif foo {
		address 1.1.1.1 {
		prefix-length: 24
	}
  }
}

Couple of things from the interfaces.tp file.  Shouldn't the VIDve u32 not txt ?

Here is what I slightly modified in interfaces.tp which allows xorp to start:

     vlan {
                %help:  short "Configure a virtual interface";
                %create:        xrl "$(interfaces.targetname)/ifmgr/0.1/set_if_virtual?parent-iface:txt=$(interfaces.TID)&parent-ifname:txt=$(interface.@)&iface-type:txt$(@.iface-type)&vid:txt$(@.vid)";

                %mandatory:     $(@.parent-ifname), $(@.iface-type), $(@.vid);

                parent-ifname {
                    %help:      short "Parent interface this virtual belongs to.";
                    %allow-range: $(@) "eth0" "eth32" %help: "E.g, eth0";
                    %create:;
                }
                iface-type {
                    %help:      short "Interface-type:  VLAN.";
                    %allow-range: $(@) "VLAN" "VLAN" %help: "Just type vlan";
                    %create:;
                }
                vid {
                    %help:      short "Virtual Interface Identifier:  VLAN-ID for VLANs.";
                    %allow-range: $(@) "1" "4096" %help: "The VLAN ID";
                    %create:;
                }
            }