[Xorp-users] Things to do for the upcoming 1.8.3 release.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Mar 8 16:09:28 PST 2011

Here's my list of things to do for the 1.8.3 release,
which I hope to have done before the end of March.

*  Get user-guide into the wiki that Pierre is working on.
   *  Update it with the VLAN syntax changes, at least.

*  Update xorp.org web site:
   *  Point to wiki for docs
   *  Generate PDFs for at least the user-guide, with wiki as upstream source.
   *  Fix up google search to search the wiki too.
   *  Make it easier to find example xorp config files.

* Run latest xorp code through our internal regression tests..and
   hope others do the same!

* Migrate bugs from the source-forge trac into xorp.org/bugzilla.
   (would be great to get some volunteers for this job...should be
    pretty easy, and pretty boring work.  Or, someone could write
    a clever tool to automate this and become famous!)

* Once bugs are migrated, shut down the source-forge xorp page entirely.
   I already have a backup of the old releases and the old svn source repository:
   http://www.xorp.org/releases/old/