[Xorp-users] Any reason to keep xorp sourceforge page up?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Mar 16 09:39:21 PDT 2011

On 03/16/2011 09:28 AM, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> On 3/15/2011 8:08 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
>> I just finished doing a crude cut-n-paste transfer of all
>> of the xorp sourceforge trac bugs into www.xorp.org/bugzilla. Not the
>> most readable
>> thing, but most of these bugs were opened in 2006, so maybe
>> they aren't so critical after all :P
>>
>> Anyway, I think that was the last useful thing to get from
>> the xorp sourceforge page. Unless anyone has complaints,
>> I'm going to try to get that project page deleted.
>
> I'd recommend keeping the project in SF, even if you only post releases
> there, or use it to direct people to the official site. You never know
> when their mirrors might be handy, and sometimes project names in SF can
> end up getting linked to projects elsewhere (Google Code for instance).
> So you probably don't want to give up the name, even if you don't use it
> for anything else than that.

I plan to use github to host the official upstream source repository
and probably downloads as well (or, might just serve downloads directly
off of www.xorp.org...it's not exactly high volume).

I'll see if I can get admin rights to the xorp sourceforge page,
and at least update it a bit.  But, I think it would be confusing to have
downloads on multiple different sites, even if I somehow managed to
keep them all perfectly synch'd, so I'll have to think on that
some more.