[Xorp-users] warning messages generated when the daemon xorp_rtrmgr is run

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Mar 16 09:59:10 PDT 2011

On 03/16/2011 09:39 AM, Murthy N Srinivas-B22237 wrote:

> I have seen the file multicast4.boot.It looks similar to the file we used.
>
> In our case it works with static RPs.
>
> But is not working with BSR and candidate RP on the same router.
> Similarrly it does not work when BSR and cadidate RP are on different machines.
> In the second case,the candidate RP advertisements are observed on sniffer.
> But somehow the machines are not able to learn RP dynamically.
> Boot strap messages are also observed on sniffer which contain the information related to RPs.
> In both cases no data traffic is observed.

The files I tested (and created) are.  They are using BSD and RP on
the same router, as far as I can tell:

ospf-mcast-diag.pdf
ospf-mcast-router1.conf
ospf-mcast-router2.conf

What hardware platform are you using?

Can you post a network diagram and all the xorp config files for
each system?  I'll see if I can reproduce the problem on my
setup.  Or, if you've posted this in the past, let me know
when and I'll dig through my email.