[Xorp-users] warning messages generated when the daemon xorp_rtrmgr is run

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Mar 17 10:23:35 PDT 2011

On 03/17/2011 10:15 AM, Murthy N Srinivas-B22237 wrote:
> No.Due to resource and other constraints we have not so far tested on X86.

Well, I am trying to reproduce it now, but I'm not going to spend
much time on it.  If you want me to do that kind of work, I'll
do it for hire, but you can't expect others to do this sort of thing
for free:  When you are bringing up a proprietary system on proprietary
hardware, with some strange cross-compiler you found somewhere, it
becomes almost impossible for anyone else to replicate your environment
for testing.

That means you need to reproduce the problem on a platform that we *can*
easily test on.  And, you need to make sure that the problem is in the
code itself, and not with your kernel, hardware, cross-compiler, etc.
That is why I think you should spend the resources and deal with
the constraints so that you can test on x86.  It's not overly
difficult or expensive to do this...