[Xorp-users] Help in only IGMP startup

jo70204 jo70204 at yahoo.com.tw
Thu May 12 02:20:09 PDT 2011

I try to only startup IGMP, but not startup multicast route(PIM).

And construct a simple model(point to point).
Source(eth0:192.168.1.2)<---------------->Client(eth0:192.168.1.3)

XORP is installed at Source.
Packet Producer(ex: packETH) is installed at Client.
Source need to send IGMP query to Client; Client send IGMP report to Source.

I refer to XORP IGMP wiki, and Source’s XORP configure file is:
protocols {
igmp {
        disable: true
        interface eth0 {
            vif eth0 {
                disable: true
                version: 2
                enable-ip-router-alert-option-check: false
                query-interval: 125
                query-last-member-interval: 1
                query-response-interval: 10
                robust-count: 2
            }
        }
    }
}
interfaces {
    restore-original-config-on-shutdown: true
    interface eth0 {
        disable: false
        default-system-config
    }
    interface lo {
        disable: false
        default-system-config
    }
}

I use Packet Capturer(ex: wireshark), and it exactly capture IGMP Query and
Report packets in both Source and Client.
But use Xorpsh “show igmp group”, I found out no multicast group membership
info.
What problem is happened?

I doubt that my Source configure file maybe miss some XORP deamon’s configure.
But I don’t need multicast routing, does XORP still need fea or mfea?

Anyone tries to only enable IGMP, not enable PIM.

Thanks all.
Dola Jang