[Xorp-users] OSPF configuration with /32 addresses on Ethernet interfaces

maxd at inwind.it maxd at inwind.it
Wed May 25 10:39:47 PDT 2011

Hi all,
I have a network of Linux nodes. Each node has more than one ethernet
interface, each one with its own IP address. The node may both act as as the
source/destination of an information flow, or as a router to forward packets
received from a source node towards a destination node. The interfaces of two
neighbour nodes are connected by a network segment; notice that there are just
these two interfaces attached to the network segment (like a point-to-point
link).
I cannot guarantee that the network interfaces attached to the ends of a
network segment share the same network prefix. I was thinking about using /32
IP addresses. So, my question is:
is it possible to configure XORP OSPF so that there is no need to have a
common network prefix on a network segment?

Thanks a lot for your time,
Massimiliano