[Xorp-users] show pim join sends xorpsh and send_cli_processor into busy loop, xorp 1.5

Stevan Markovic stevanmarkovic at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 20 13:49:15 PST 2011

I found very similar problem reported here: http://mailman.icsi.berkeley.edu/pipermail/xorp-users/2007-July/001840.html
There is not more more than a dozen of multicast group in a network where it happens. Both xoprsh and send_cli_processor went into busy loops which do not terminate.

Simple "show pim join" command in xorpsh reproduces problem.  It is sometimes needs 2-3 command to be executed 2-3 times. xorpsh prompt can be regained only with Ctrl-C.

Upgrading to recent xorp version is not our option since xorp 1.5 is integrated into commercial product. We can eventually back port (if feasible) from the version where this problem is fixed into specific installation patch.

Besides referred message, is this a known problem?  I did not find anything similar in xorp bug database.  If yes, which XORP release contains the fix? Specificity about source code modules and nature of the change will be also very welcomed.

Thank you,
Stevan Markovic
McAfee Inc