[Xorp-users] Xorp doesn't start

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Oct 3 17:33:31 PDT 2011

On 06/07/2011 11:32 AM, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> On 06/06/2011 04:49 PM, Grinberg, Leo wrote:
>> No, this is a dedicated CentOS server. I have exactly the same server
>> running xorp with no problems.
>
> Dedicated CentOS *what* server?
>
> FWIW, I've used it on 5.5 without problems, although it was significantly slower to start up than on same-spec'd Ubuntu and Gentoo VMs.

Just to close this out:  The problem was bad handling of some OSPF retransmit
timers.  I fixed this a few days ago and the test machine Iqor let me use
started working much better....

Anyone using xorp 1.7 or higher and OSPF should upgrade to the
latest github snapshot.  I had unfortunately just released 1.8.4,
so 1.8.5 will be out fairly soon...