[Xorp-users] 1.8.4 problems with xorpsh

Joe Coco JoeCoco at mecnet.net
Mon Sep 19 05:58:24 PDT 2011

Hello,

So we're seeing this problem.  Once you have the router configured, a number of hours or a day later when we run xorpsh from the command prompt we get the following error:

Saturn:/Log_Drive# xorpsh

Failed to register with router manager process

102 Command failed Failed to close temporary file: /tmp/rtrmgr-xorpsh-3990-Saturn

The following files are in /tmp

xrl.DfneQu  xrl.Dm4fN3  xrl.HRzApF  xrl.V3ucPO  xrl.fI4sT3  xrl.he3lP3  xrl.l027P5  xrl.p9pZbl

The following xorp processes are in the list:

2379 ?        S     12:03 xorp_fea
2380 ?        S      6:51 xorp_rib
2381 ?        S      0:02 xorp_policy
2382 ?        S      0:02 xorp_static_routes
2383 ?        S     11:02 xorp_bgp
2384 ?        Ss     0:48 /usr/local/xorp/sbin/xorp_rtrmgr -b /home/xorp/config.boot -l /var/log/xo

Attached is a log file, not sure if it is telling us anything related to this issue.

The only way to manage the router at this point is to kill and restart all processes.

n  Joe