[Xorp-users] New 1.8.4 builds uploaded

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Sep 20 11:47:50 PDT 2011

On 09/19/2011 09:15 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
> I uploaded some new xorp 1.8.4 binaries at:
>
> http://www.xorp.org/releases/1.8.4/
>
> (You can build from source via github xorp.ct project)
>
> This fixes some memory leaks and such found under valgrind, and
> some crashes due to timers hitting deleted memory.  And, some
> PIM bugs that I introduced in the builds from a few days ago.

The final bug we were tracking internally was ipv6 multicast not
working.

Turns out it was a config issue...ipv6 mcast addrs that should be
routed need to start with: ff0e (or, at the least, ff01 does NOT work
and ff0e does.  Maybe some others route as well...)

There is still an issue with OSPF being slow to process some
xrl messages, sometimes causing timeouts that totally break
xorp.  Looks like it might not be new to 1.8.4 (v/s 1.8.3),
and I cannot reproduce it locally, so not planning to hold
up the release for it.

So, xorp 1.8.4 is done as far as I'm concerned.  If someone
else know of any regressions from 1.8.3, please let me know.