[Xorp-users] How does the OSPF packet be handled when using kernel level Click as the FEA?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Sep 21 10:33:51 PDT 2011

On 09/21/2011 12:30 AM, 颜玮 wrote:
> Hi,i'm new to xorp.
> I'm using xorp 1.6,with kernel level Click being its FEA.
> And I have some questions. Needs help^_^
>
> 1.when an Ospf packet arrives at the interface of the click
> router ,which part of the click is responsible for handling
> the ospf packet? Is it directly captured by the xorp on the
> very interface or is it firstly sent to an element within
> the click and then sent to the xorp by the click element?
>
> 2.When the xorp generates ospf packet,how does it send the
> packet out of Click?

I'm not sure about click, but for regular xorp usage, the
OSFP protocol packets are handled by xorp, which configures
routes in the kernel as needed.  The kernel handles
actually routing the packets.

This is true for all protocols, except that in some cases,
xorp directly handles routed multicast packets.

Patches & documentation to get click working in the current xorp versions
are welcome, by the way.