[Xorp-users] From RHEL5 to RHEL6: Any Issues?

W. E. W. Russell wrussell at incnetworks.com
Wed Apr 11 09:37:59 PDT 2012

All,

My name is William Russell and I'm trying to migrate from RHEL5 to RHEL6
for a particular server I have.

I was using the XORP for multicast routing and (I believe) attaching IP
addresses to bonded & bridged interfaces.

In RHEL5, I have no issues. When the server boots up, the correct addresses
are attached to the correct interfaces and everything work smoothly.
in RHEL6, I have an issue. When the server boots up, XORP starts fine, but
when I do an 'ifconfig' I don't see any of the IP addresses attached to the
interfaces (which also get created correctly).

The config.boot file is exactly the same as it was before.

Has anyone faced these issues? Any leads on where I should start looking to
solve the problem?

--
William E. W. Russell
Director, Systems Integration