[Xorp-users] XORP : Embedded Platform Software requirements

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Wed Apr 11 15:18:51 PDT 2012

What cpu are you using to talk to the marvell chip? I assume
you have an SMI (serial managment interface) port and driver
on your embedded ARM cpu..

Would you have a way to install and boot a debian-arm image?

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 10:11:48PM +0000, MAS . wrote:
> Hi
> Thanks for the reply Troy,
>
> I am student and we have designed ARM board with marvell switch chip
> 88E6065 in our lab. Actually I want to manage L2 functionality of switch
> chip using XorPlus, which is another derivative  of XORP with L2
> functionality.
>
> Board has Linux-2.6.30 kernel version running on it and Uboot-1.3.4.. we
> also have gcc, gdb nothing more. I cross-compiled Xorplus and put it on the
> board but its literally doing nothing, no logs, no error messages. Same
> XorPlus is running fine on x86 machine.
>
> For trial purpose I executed xorp_rtrmgr on x86 and board without any
> configuration. On x86 machine atleast its printing error messages but on
> board its doing nothing? I thought may be xorp needed some packages other
> than xorp libreary.
>
> thanks and regards,
> MAS.
>
> On 11 April 2012 21:52, Troy Benjegerdes <hozer at hozed.org> wrote:
>
> > This would probably depend on what embedded linux distribution the
> > board is running and what board it is, and how you cross-compiled
> > the package.
> >
> > If you can give us more details, we might be able to help.
> >
> > I'm going to attempt to build it on my debian-arm install,
> > and see what happens.
> >
> > If you have some constraints (or ndas) so you can't provide more
> > details about what board and distro, there are probably several
> > of us (including myself) that would be happy to do a consulting
> > contract to help you out as well.
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 09:28:26PM +0000, MAS . wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I have compiled XORP and installed on x86 machine then its working fine.
> > > But I need to put it on embedded board with ARM processor so I
> > > cross-compiled it and put it on the board.
> > >
> > > Now problem is that its not working fine, even its not printing any error
> > > messages on terminal. I don't know what is wrong. Can anyone help me. Is
> > > there any software package requirements i.e. do I need to install
> > > any softwares on board in order to XORP to work? Basically my board only
> > > has Linux running on it without any spacial packages.
> > >

> > > Thanks and regards,
> > > MAS

Troy Benjegerdes                 'da hozer'                hozer at hozed.org
7 elements Farm						TerraCarbo biofuels

An Engineer is a man who can do for a dime what any fool can do for a dollar.
-anonymous

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~ Winston Churchill

The challenge in changing the world is not in having great ideas, it's in
having stupid simple ideas, as those are the ones that cause change.