[Xorp-users] OSPF Route update failures

Chow, Michael Michael.Chow at gdcanada.com
Fri Aug 10 09:29:23 PDT 2012

Hi,

We are using XORP 1.8.5 and are evaluating OSPF on  XORP.

When injecting 150 static routes on the source router, the destination
router does not learn all the routes even though all updates are sent.

For some routes, some time after the destination router adds the route,
the source router sends an update packet to delete the route,
immediately followed
by another update packet to add the route.

I would have expected the destination router to learn all the routes.
Even for the routes that were learned I wouldn't have expected the
source router to delete and then add the routes again.

We've also seen this behavior when redistributing RIP routes to OSPF.
When sniffing the connection all of the RIP routes  show up in the OSPF
update packets but the adjacent router does not add all of them to the
routing table.

Is this the expected behavior?

Thanks,
Mike

The information contained in this e-mail message is PRIVATE. It may contain confidential information and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this communication is strictly prohibited. If the intended recipient(s) cannot be reached or if a transmission problem has occurred, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy all copies of this message.
Thank you.