[Xorp-users] Wrong IP address used for GRE interface

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Jan 11 15:40:45 PST 2012

On 01/11/2012 03:09 PM, Andriy Senkovych wrote:
> Hello, Ben.
>
> 2012/1/11 Ben Greear<greearb at candelatech.com>:
>> Please let me know exactly how you reproduce this, and please send the
>> xorp logs for your system when the problem happens.  How repeatable is the
>> problem for you?  The latest code seems to be working for me.
>
> Here is the way how I reproduce this:
>
> # invoke-rc.d xorp start
> Starting eXtensible Open Router Platform : xorp.
> # xorpsh
> Welcome to XORP v1.8.5-WIP on cmegw
> Version tag: 00000000  Build Date: 2012-01-11 00:01 32-bit
> root at cmegw>  show pim neighbors
> Interface    DRpriority NeighborAddr    V Mode   Holdtime Timeout
> cme-gw                1 10.145.2.221    2 Sparse      105      98
> root at cmegw>
> (Push Ctrl+D)
> End of connection.
> # sleep 60
> # xorpsh
> (Hangs here, uses all CPU resources)
>
> I can reproduce this almost all the time. Interesting thing: If I omit
> sleep command and run xorpsh right after startup then I cannot
> reproduce the bug for some time. There is no difference wether I exit
> with EOF or with "quit" command.

It worked for me 3 times in a row...maybe there is something special about
your system or configuration that causes it to happen on your system
and not on mine.

Is the 60 seconds magic?  In other words, does it (almost?) always work at 50 seconds and 70 seconds
but fail at 60?)

I don't see any obvious problem in your logs.