[Xorp-users] Xorp 1.8.5 OSPF adjacencies problems on FreeBSD 8.2 with jails.

Edwin Schokkenbroek edwin at spacebugs.nl
Tue Jan 31 15:33:16 PST 2012

 Hello Ben,

 I looked into the git bisect thing. I'm sorry, but it is way over my head. I'm not a developer and I'm not that familiar with tracking down bugs in a repository. If you can explain the steps to take, I may be able to try and see if I can come up with something.

 I tried with FreeBSD 9.0 , and Xorp 1.8.5 but same problem. I followed the log file for a while:

Well, to start with..could you try rls 1.8.3 and see if that works?

If not, use an earlier release..and if it does, try 1.8.4.

Yep no problem :-) The machine is a testing machine, so I can basically do everything with it.
So far I tried : 1.8-CT -> Works (original version I started with). 1.8.3 -> Works. 1.8.4 -> Works. 1.8.5 -> Doesn't work.

For completeness : These tests are done on FreeBSD 8.2

Edwin Schokkenbroek