[Xorp-users] Question regarding GPL license

Aidan Van Dyk aidan at highrise.ca
Thu Jul 12 07:31:05 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 10:18 AM, 张东亚 <fortitude.zhang at gmail.com> wrote:

>   I think it's not proper that they can release their software under a
> commercial license, what's your opinion about this dula-license model?

If the code is their code and they own the copyright, they can offer
it to whoever they want, in whatever licence they want.

Like it or not, it's not *your* choice, it's their choice.

If it's not their code/copyright, then it's a different story.

If you/they received code under a licence, you/they can only
usr/reuse/re-offer under the terms of that licence.  If you/they don't
like that licence, your/their choice is accept the licence (and thus
get to use/reuse the code under that licence) or not (and thus not get
to use/reuse the code).

a.

aidan at highrise.ca                                       command like a king,