[Xorp-users] XORP Presentation - need HELP

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Jul 30 09:03:23 PDT 2012

On 07/30/2012 04:25 AM, Igor Maravić wrote:
> Dear Xorp users/developers,
> I volunteered to help Martin Winter, from OpenSourceRouting, to
> prepare Xorp slides for RIPE/APNIC conferences.
>
> As a part of the presentation we should put who is using Xorp and how.
> Currently I don't know much about that and I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!
>
> If you are using Xorp, please tell me for which company/customers are
> you working and how are you using Xorp!
>
> I think it's really essential to tell me this stuff, so we could show
> the world that Xorp is alive. Since RIPE is gathering a large number
> of operators, we can attract them to use Xorp in future. Martin would
> put names of your company and/or customers on his slides, which would
> be a good advertisement for you and them!
>
> Please don't be shy! XORP DEPENDS ON YOU!

We use it for our virtual-router feature in our LANforge
product (network emulator, network traffic generator products).
http://www.candelatech.com/ice_ex9_vrouters.php

In particular, xorp is the routing brains behind the WISER product:
http://www.candelatech.com/wiser50_product.php

I do a bit of consulting related to xorp as well.  One customer
is using Xorp on windows and Linux to implement a multiple
data-center redundancy.  Another is using it for something
that may be similar to our WISER product...I'll ask them
to post some details if they are willing.

How are you using Xorp?