[Xorp-users] XORP Presentation - need HELP

Garry Peirce peirce at maine.edu
Tue Jul 31 07:09:07 PDT 2012

Igor,
We in Maine (US) have been using XORP (1.6 moving to CT) within a developed
CPE appliance for our K12 environment (~100 in production) for about 3 years
now.
The device allows us to cost effectively enable more services at the edge ,
aggregate school district connectivity, and allow a level of local admin
control/visibility.
We use it for v4 unicast/mcast, and make use of both RIP and OSPF.

Some info here:  http://www.networkmaine.net/msln/joebox/
This is actually a 'Maine' version of a device derived through a partnership
we have with an organization called 'mecnet'  - http://www.mecnet.net.