[Xorp-users] Route Redist between RIP and OSPF - working?

swdickey at rockwellcollins.com swdickey at rockwellcollins.com
Fri Mar 30 09:00:43 PDT 2012

Ray:  No, I wasn't able to get that working... :S  I have made some
progress with investigating this issue however...

Update:

The RIP routes are being put into the RIB with a metric of 0 and
everything is A-ok.  Then RIB quickly executes rib/rt_tab_pol_redist.cc
method PolicyRedistTable<A>::replace_policytags which calls deletes all
the routes then re-adds them based on policy tags.
[_redist_map.get_protocols(add_protos, route.policytags()...
add_redist(route, add_protos) lines 241 and 251).  As a test/hack, you can
comment out rt_tab_pol_redist.cc line 249 del_redist(route, del_protos) to
prevent the Redist Table from expiring routes, and RIP response messages
will be sent out with a metric of 0 as expected.

So I'm close to figuring this out, but I cant find any information/config
files to help be better understand policytags except the one xorp document
(http://www.xorp.org/papers/policy.pdf) which seems outdated.

Any help with policytags would be appreciated.  I will continue to look
into this issue.

Steve Dickey