[Xorp-users] tunneling using IPIP (or GRE)

BILAL Mustapha Mustapha.Bilal at imag.fr
Wed May 23 01:26:15 PDT 2012

Hello,

  I don't know if I am in the right mailing list to ask my question.

  1) I have 2 Gateways and 2 LBRs. I would like to create 4 tunnels(2
tunnels per each Gateway of destination of the 2 different LBRs) using
IPIP (or GRE, although I prefer IPIP for security reasons since GRE
doesn't provide any security).

  2) The packets transferred in these tunnels are IPv6, once the packet
arrive to the LBR, it should know which tunnel was used and the source
of each packet (was it Gateway 1 or Gateway 2?).

  I would be grateful if you can provide me with complete code for the
first part of my question (creating the tunnels) since it's my first
experience in this topic and if you have any idea about the second part
(recovering the source of each packet arriving to the LBR) I would be
more than thankful as well.

  Many thanks