[Xorp-users] RIP over GRE issue

Phil Wiggins phil.wiggins at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 12:41:37 PDT 2012

One of our team members found the fix:

"...The packet was being dropped because it didn't know the ip of the
other end of the tunnel. So it was setting it's own IP as the both
ends.

If you go to xrl_port_manager.cc:234 endpoint_addr() had both IPs as
the local IP.

So to fix this you need to set the destination of tunnel in the config so:
(For N14)
interface gre2 {
        vif gre2 {
        address 20.0.0.2 {
                prefix-length: 30
                destination: 20.0.0.1
        }
        }
}

Just do this for every tunnel iface and it works.  ..."

I confirmed that this fix works in 1.8.5 and in xorp-head pulled today.

Phil