[Xorp-users] Who support the Xorp project?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Jun 3 14:27:05 PDT 2013

On 06/03/2013 05:25 AM, Mohammad Hosein Zarei wrote:
> Hi everyone
> I have some question about the Xorp project that I is listed below.
> Who develop the xorp?
> Who is sponsor project?
> Where used the xorp? What product and company are using xorp (in real world)?

I work on it occasionally, and we use it in our network testing
tool (LANforge) to support virtual routers (OSPF, multicast, etc).

I'm the maintainer, and it's hosted on my web servers, so probably
we are the sponsor as much as anyone at this point.

I don't know a great deal about the routing protocols, though I've
some knowledge for OSPF gained through hacking on xorp.

In particular, I'm next to worthless when folks ask for help
with multicast setups...

Are you planning to use Xorp?