[Xorp-users] FW: cannot ping one of the interfaces from an OSPF router after installing XORP

Liu, Xuan (UMKC-Student) xuan.liu at mail.umkc.edu
Tue Aug 5 15:05:42 PDT 2014

Okay, I just figured it out. I needs to turn off the reverse path filtering on my VM, by default it's 1.

sudo sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter=0

sudo sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter=0

I also did similar thing to all other interfaces (eth1, eth2, ...)

Here is a bug report about this issue for ubuntu server 10.04 that has Quagga installed.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/quagga/+bug/625812

Thank you for all the helps

?
-- Xuan