[Xorp-users] Shuting down xorp_rtrmgr crashes network connectivity

Dirk dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de
Wed Jan 29 11:21:36 PST 2014

Hi all,

I am running XORP on CentOS 6 64 Bit (current patch level).

The start script I found uses "kill -TERM" to shutdown xorp_rtrmgr, but
the effect with the current version (1.8.5) is that network connectivity
is somehow destroyed in the process - after the shutdown of XORP the
interfaces claim to be up, the routing table looks good, but nothing
gets out or in any more - only rebooting the server helps.

Since the wiki is not available (only blank, white pages) I can't find
much in documentation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dirk