[Xorp-users] Help

Avinash Sridharan avinash.sridharan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 10:08:55 PDT 2014

I would suggest, take a look at how the "show interface" command works. The
template for the command can be found under $XORP_SRC/etc/templates/fea.cmd
. It effectively calls an executable fea_show_interfaces. The code for this
binary is sitting under $XORP_SRC/fea/tools/show_interface.cc.

You can see the XRL interface being implemented in this binary, and
replicate the target to register as a new interface mirror with FEA. To get
incremental updates on existing interfaces (say link up/down event), I
guess you can build on this and see how the events are sent to RIB. I am
guessing RIB uses a similar interface mirror XRL interface.

Hope that helps,
Avinash