[Xorp-users] question on xorp installation

Liu, Xuan (UMKC-Student) xuan.liu at mail.umkc.edu
Thu Jun 5 12:06:23 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to install xorp to multiple ubuntu 12.04. I was able to install it from source, and it took me about one hour to compile and build xorp. Now I need to install xorp to multiple VMs that consist of a virtual network, and each VM will become a software router after have xorp running.

To save time, I copied saved the compiled files (/usr/local/xorp) to a new VM with ubuntu 12.04, installed the dependencies (g++, gcc, libssl-dev, libpcap-dev, ncurses-dev) to the new VM, added xorp to the group, and then run xorp_rtrmgr. I didn't see the xorp process running, nor any error message. It seems like the xorp was never started.

I'm wondering can I simply copied the compiled the files to another VM to save the time of compiling and installation? If I can, did I miss any important steps here?

Thanks,

-- Xuan