[Xorp-users] Latest XORP release/ tarball file

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Jul 9 09:22:27 PDT 2015

On 07/09/2015 08:01 AM, Anca Zamfir wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, I picked the latest up and looks good so far with my testing, but "latest" is a moving target and would have liked a "release"
> reference point (other than the git commit hash :))...if there is any plan for it. What is the XORP release plan and process? And also curious on the level of
> testing done on latest.

The project is mostly idle..I don't really have much time or interest to make
changes, and the current code works fine for our needs.  I'm not sure it is worth
going through the work to package up a 'release'.

We do testing on xorp (we use it to make virtual routers in our network testing equipment),
but aside from that, I'm not sure how much it is being used, and mostly our own
testing involves xorp <-> xorp communication, so it may not get a lot of third-party
router interaction.

If you find a release you like, save the hash and/or tag it locally...

If you find bugs, send bug reports and/or patches.