[Xorp-users] XORP and OSPF question please

Williams, Mark william at losrios.edu
Thu May 21 08:54:07 PDT 2015

OSPF stuck in INIT state could be a number of things. The obvious ones are things like

-Area ID is not the same between peers
-If using MD5 authentication, wrong key id or key value used
-Subnet mask mismatch between peers

If all those things check out, look at the MTU size on boot peers. If they are not equal, one of the peers will need to have the mtu-check disabled.

Mark Williams
Senior IT Analyst
Los Rios Community College District