[Bro-Announce] Bro 2.5.1 release

Johanna Amann johanna at icir.org
Tue Jun 27 14:35:48 PDT 2017

We are very happy to announce the release of Bro v2.51. The new version is now
available for download at:

     https://bro.org/download/index.html

Binary packages also are available at:

     https://bro.org/download/packages.html

This release contains a number of bug fixes. Fixes include:

- Better file analysis memory management

- Less cluster node communication

- Correct expiration of intelligence items after reinsertion

- A bug in the OCSP validation code

This point-release also includes a number of new features, including new
file handling BIFS, support for ERSPAN, and new BroControl options.

For more information see the NEWS and CHANGES files:
  https://www.bro.org/download/NEWS.bro.html
  https://www.bro.org/download/CHANGES.bro.txt

Thanks to everyone who helped make this release possible.  We extend
special thanks to the community for their feedback and support.

Johanna