[Bro-Dev] TCP RTT estimation

Katrina LaCurts katrina at csail.mit.edu
Wed Dec 1 12:15:14 PST 2010

Juhoon, this is one of the reasons why I recommended the handshake_sum_estimate event in my branch.  It essentially does what you want to do, but just on TCP handshakes.  That's because with the handshake we can easily figure out what segment (b) is (it's the ACK to the SYN-ACK).  As Vern pointed out, determining (b) is tough in general.

Katrina