[Bro-Dev] #336: Global config variable to disable packet filtering (i.e., accept all packets)

Bro Tracker bro at tracker.icir.org
Thu Dec 9 02:38:11 PST 2010

#336: Global config variable to disable packet filtering (i.e., accept all
packets)
------------------------------+--------------------
  Reporter:  gregor           |      Owner:
      Type:  Feature Request  |     Status:  new
 Component:  Bro              |    Version:
Resolution:                   |   Keywords:
------------------------------+--------------------

Comment (by robin):

 >  Nevermind, after chatting with Vern I'm convinced this feature isn't
 worth
 >  it.  Maybe we should make some default way to capture all traffic with
 >  pcap.bro though?

 What exactly is "not worth it"? I would have suggested to implement
 this in pcap.bro anyway, where it would be easy to do and not really
 require any further changes to anything else. We could a flag
 "no_default_filter" there and it would just install the "ip or not
 ip" instead of the standard one if set.

--
Ticket URL: <http://tracker.icir.org/bro/ticket/336#comment:8>
Bro Tracker <http://tracker.icir.org/bro>