[Bro-Dev] #336: Global config variable to disable packet filtering (i.e., accept all packets)

Bro Tracker bro at tracker.icir.org
Thu Dec 9 06:27:35 PST 2010

#336: Global config variable to disable packet filtering (i.e., accept all
packets)
------------------------------+--------------------
  Reporter:  gregor           |      Owner:
      Type:  Feature Request  |     Status:  new
 Component:  Bro              |    Version:
Resolution:                   |   Keywords:
------------------------------+--------------------

Comment (by seth):

 > What exactly is "not worth it"? I would have suggested to implement
 > this in pcap.bro anyway, where it would be easy to do and not really
 > require any further changes to anything else. We could a flag
 > "no_default_filter" there and it would just install the "ip or not
 > ip" instead of the standard one if set.

 I was referring to it not being worthwhile to implement code in the core
 that actually removes all bpf filters, or doesn't apply them in the first
 place by not calling the pcap_setfilter function.  I think your suggestion
 is the correct way.

--
Ticket URL: <http://tracker.icir.org/bro/ticket/336#comment:9>
Bro Tracker <http://tracker.icir.org/bro>