[Bro-Dev] Policy script enums (and event engine interaction)

Vern Paxson vern at icir.org
Thu Dec 9 09:25:17 PST 2010

> >  (Note, the support won't
> > include enum<->int conversion.)
>
> Can you guys elaborate on this? I would think we dont' want implicit
> conversions, but some form of explicit cast would be nice to have
> both ways.

I resist adding language features/flexibility without clear use cases.

Casting enum<->int weakens type safety, so there should be a clear need
to have it anyway.  So far, we don't have that.  If we do, then we can
revisit it to determine whether general explicit coercion is indeed the
best way to support the need.

		Vern