[Bro-Dev] Per connection byte and packet counting

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Thu Dec 16 23:10:48 PST 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 16:03 -0800, you wrote:

> So, all in all I would say: we should go with this version

Yes, this all sounds really good.

One more thought: does expect_connection() work with this (see,
e.g., ftp.bro for how it's used). Then one could enable it for
individual future sessions (like file transfers).

In principle, it seems an enable_analyzer() function (which we still
don't have; there's just disable_analyzer()) could be nice for this
too. However, it would only get a chance to add the counting once a
few packets have already passed so not sure how useful it would
really be.

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org