[Bro-Dev] macports and bro

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Mon Dec 20 19:42:02 PST 2010

On Dec 20, 2010, at 9:19 AM, Robin Sommer wrote:

> This likewise but it's quite hard to do for everything that could
> potentially change (it's not only the scripts, but also broctl.cfg,
> which in turn may set things differnetly so that now new pieces
> somewhere else become relevant). I think we can skip this at least
> for now.

Maybe for now we could do the minimal check for changes in the site directory or changes to the etc files and giving a warning?  Even if that check isn't 100% complete, it will solve a lot of trouble for people.

We could file a ticket to remind ourselves to go back later and see if there are any other situations where we should warn.  I just know that myself and the other guys at OSU have run into the "forgot to install" problem multiple times when updating scripts in the site directory.