[Bro-Dev] Broccoli Python bindings

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Sun Nov 7 21:07:50 PST 2010

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 17:35 -0500, you wrote:

> So to summarize: I'm leaning towards having the bindings in it's own
> repo + RPM/DEB package since there's minor benefits and also fits in
> with the spirit of what we're doing everywhere else.

Thanks for the summary. One additional advantage of having it
separate is that installing Broccoli does not automatically pull in
the bindings, which for various reasons may not be desired (for
example, there's the problem that Python development headers are
needed for compiling them, which is something we are currently
running into with the broctl installation; their absense could
autodetected, but that then introduces new complications when other
packages assume the bindings have been installed).

So, I think I'm following your leaning, though I'm still not really
feeling strong either way.

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org