[Bro-Dev] Broctl installation process clean up

Jonathan Siwek jsiwek at ncsa.illinois.edu
Mon Nov 8 13:16:57 PST 2010

> > I want to go with distutils here, just wondering if you had
> > considered it
>
> I wouldn't be opposed to switching to distutils, in fact I'd prefer it but don't
> know much work that is and whether it's worth it. What do you think?

You snipped my quote to make me say "I want to go with distutils here", but actually I'd rather just use CMake for now (mostly for consistency & comfort reasons).  But a setup.py might still be considered later if it's more standard for packagers to use.

> There'd be only one dynamic file now,
> broctl-config.sh generated by "broctl install", and all the rest is
> static (much of the content of broctl-config.sh could be determined
> at CMake-time already, however there's some stuff in there that
> depends on broctl.cfg).

Ok, will do that refactor along with the other clean up.