[Bro-Dev] Bro and clang++

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Tue Nov 9 22:06:23 PST 2010

On Nov 9, 2010, at 3:03 PM, Seth Hall wrote:

> Nevermind.  I thought that was pretty fast, but actually I guess with g++ I can build it in 1:39.  At least Bro appears to build with clang++. :)

I ran Bro (just loading conn.bro) with a large mixed traffic trace file and the resulting binary was slightly slower than the g++ built binary but it was a near imperceptible slow down.

This article seems to pretty accurately show speed differences between GCC compiled binaries and Clang (among other LLVM backed compilation techniques).
   http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=llvm_gcc_dragonegg28&num=1