[Bro-Dev] Thoughts on documenting scripts
vallentin at icir.org
Mon Nov 22 19:59:18 PST 2010
> What do you guys think?
Very nice, I like the overall setup, it looks like a smooth way to
automate the documentation generation process for Bro scripts! A few
- How do you define a Public Interface? It seems to me that the sections
before are also customizable by the user and thus constitute part of
the "public" part of the script.
- The role of DPD is not entirely clear from the HTML in the sections
Packet Filter and Port Analysis. It reads as if FTP is only invoked
for 21/tcp. How is that supposed to be read?
- I am not sure if this would happen already, but it would be great if
external types, such as the connection record, would also be links in
the HTML generated by Sphinx.
- I feels a bit too much to repeat the word Param in front of every
event parameter. What about writing 'Parameters' once and then listing
all parameters in bullet-point style (or just as is, in bold and then
- Have you considered only using the namespace prefix (FTP::) for
handlers that are not part of the module and omitting it for functions
and events that are inside the module?
- In addition to the included children, it would also be nice to create
a list of parents, i.e., the scripts that include the script whose
documentation is currently being read.
More information about the bro-dev