[Bro-Dev] Thoughts on documenting scripts

Gregor Maier gregor at icir.org
Tue Nov 23 10:05:52 PST 2010

>> - I feels a bit too much to repeat the word Param in front of every
>>   event parameter.
>
> I totally agree.
> [cut]

The 'param' in fron of every parameter also looks strange in the HTML
output.
But I also see, that having to put it in front of every parameter might
be cumbersome, so I also like Robins idea here (note, that I was the one
who said, we should put a directive in front of every parameter, but now
I think that either way is fine).

It might also be nice to repeat the parameters type in the HTML output.
This way I can look at just one place and don't have to look back at the
event/function definition to find the type. But YMMV.

>> What about writing 'Parameters' once and then listing all parameters
>> in bullet-point style (or just as is, in bold and then the
>> description).
>
> ... and that would be another good option of doing it.

I think that would be the way to go for HTML output

cu
Gregor
--
Gregor Maier                                             gregor at icir.org