[Bro-Dev] FYI: Bro test suite fails with diff in FTP output

Vern Paxson vern at icir.org
Mon Nov 29 19:20:08 PST 2010

> That was on ashcloud.
> Do I need to use any particular configure options? I just used a "plain"
> configure without any options....

Okay, I've tracked this down.  The problem is that my Mac environments
have support for libmagic, while ashcloud does not.  So when the test suite
was generated, it had file-type identification, but when run on ashcloud,
the results don't.

I'm inclined not to fix this right now, since I gather the plan is to
revamp the whole testing framework.  If I'm wrong about that, though, then
we need to brainstorm about the best fix.

		Vern