[Bro-Dev] Cmake for Bro

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Mon Oct 18 10:22:17 PDT 2010

On Oct 18, 2010, at 1:04 PM, Robin Sommer wrote:

>  --enable-activemapping  enable active mapping processing
>    -> Do we want to keep active mapping in the code? Is anybody
>    using that?

What is active mapping?  I've seen that for a long time but never asked what it is.

>  --disable-nbdns         Disable non-blocking DNS support
>    -> Remove; don't think anybody uses this.

Isn't the nonblocking dns support used for lookups in "when" blocks?

>  --with-openssl=PATH     path to OpenSSL (needed for SSL analyzer and secure communication)
>    -> Keep, but I'm wondering whether we should make OpenSSL a
>    mandatory dependency to get rid of all the "#if openssl"
>    conditions.

I vote for making it a mandatory dependency.  At the very least, it's another assumption we can make when developing scripts (that SSL support exists) and is there anything that doesn't include OpenSSL in the base distribution?