[Bro-Dev] Cmake for Bro

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Mon Oct 18 17:21:05 PDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 16:58 -0500, you wrote:

> I'm not fully understanding how the new packaging and build system are going to cooperate.

Frankly, it's not totally clear to me yet either ... My current
assumption was that all the packages are first of all independent,
and need to be downloaded/configured/installed separately. Then, we
could go from there and see how we can make things easier for people
working from sources, for example by providing a meta-distribution
bro-all which comes with all parts and has some glue/magic to make
their joint installation easier. But not sure how that would look
like, suggestions welcome.

> CMake is fine with recursing on sub-projects and git can do sub-modules, so I was expecting to leverage that functionality.

If we can make this work, I'd be happy to do so. How would this look
like, say for passing options to the sub-project's configure? And
how would building separate packages for each module work then?

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org