[Bro-Dev] Script reorg proposal

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Tue Aug 2 07:58:27 PDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 11:48 -0700, you wrote:

> having to go from-all-to-nothing. Then we could also just use a single
> (base) directory for all the scripts instead of bro/base and bro/policy
> (which kinda irks me).

One of the main motivations for the proposed reorg is actually to
split the two apart. Currently, they are all inside one directory
hierarchy, but that makes it hard to get a good picture of what's
there. With a default.bro that would get even worse becauese now one
would need to check that file to see what's already loaded.

With the two dirs split, there'll probably be some top-level.bro in
base/ pulling in all the other stuff. To remove only some parts one
could either copy-and-edit that file, or (better where it works)
@unload stuff. But in any case, that's something only "the experts"
would be doing anyway.

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org