[Bro-Dev] Directly committing to master

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Tue Aug 2 13:08:47 PDT 2011

Thanks for the summary. That all makes sense, but also note that our
process always had the "maintainer exception" in there for direct
commits.

Talking with Seth, we said that at least until the beta gets out, he
will keep making direct commits to the scripts. He knows them best by
far, and at the moment I'd be merging them pretty much blindly anyway.
We'll keep doing the merges for the core, and we will switch back to
doing merges for the scripts as well once things have settled down.

The most important part is that master remains stable, so we all need
to be careful not to break things.

I also still haven't given up my hope to make use of the devel branch
eventually btw (don't laugh :)

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org